Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Time Flies.

Today was my first day of classes back in boring old Glenside. I officially changed my major to Global Media, which means not only a completely different academic plan, but also two more semesters abroad in the not-so-distant future (YAYY!!). But before I get into that, I probably should catch up on my posts about London...or, rather, my last few vacations away from London!


With December came buildings decorated for Christmas, finals, and most strangely, days full of "lasts".  Last study session at Senate House, last excursion, last vacation, last tube card, etc. It was such a strange feeling; I couldn't wait to go home for the holidays, but I could not wrap my mind around the fact that I was actually going to have to say goodbye. I kept saying to Claire, I wish London was in this bubble right next to Ellington...then I could go home to my bubble and come back any time I wished. Of course, the idea that I would probably never see the same buildings or people in those buildings again was not something I wanted to think about!


**My heart belongs to Senate House Library**

That's probably why this moment made my day.  A few weeks after buying this scarf in Hyde Park with Zoe (intended as a gift), I decided to wear it and keep it for myself. On my way out of Sainsbury's, I was met by a girl handing out flyers advertising a local gym. It took us both a second to realize that we were wearing the same scarf! We figured out that we had both visited the same vendor, an alpaca farmer, but at two different years and two separate festivals inLondon. 

I left Sainsbury's and then turned around and came back to take this picture, saying it was just too cool a moment to not put on the blog :)

My final excursion through Arcadia was on December 1st: Ice Skating at Somerset House. It was beautiful, but a bit crowded and a little unsafe...maybe I'm an ice rink snob but the ice wasn't quite the same as the ones at UConnn and Twin Rinks.



We had a blast, though. Here are some pictures of us waiting to get on the ice:




It was especially memorable for us FYSAE girls because one of our flatmates, Kat, tripped and fell, breaking her nose and losing her two front teeth (in the ice. like stuck.). Needless to say, she was rushed to the hospital. Here's a picture before that happened:

Kat, Ally, Anna, Me, Claire, Willie, Abriel, Eli

And here's one of Claire and me. Yes, we have matching outfits from Primark :)


This may or may not have been the moment Kat fell:


One last picture. Willie, one of our Princess Elizabeth housemates from Franklin & Marshall, plays hockey and easily weaves in and out of the stumbling city dwellers who can't skate. He took me for a ride and Claire managed to take a picture :) 


I ended up pulling my last all-nighter of the semeste; our Uber driver, ready to bring us to the airport for Venice, arrived in our driveway before the sun came up the next morning. Next stop: Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment