Thursday, March 9, 2017

Goodbyes

We are already reaching midterms for the spring semester, and I haven't completely finished my blog entries for my time in London. So here are some pictures from the bittersweet last week in my temporary home:


(Left: Abriel made sweet cards for all of us, Middle: We decorated Christmas cards for the Arcadia staff, Right: Claire and I made one last meal using up the rest of our groceries)


Our flat Christmas party took place on Tuesday, and gave us all a well-needed break from studying. Anna gave out superlative awards and each of us won at least one. (Mine were, respectively, "Most likely to study for a test after the test" and "Most likely to be late to her own wedding.")


The next day, we gave our professor a superlative and a container of cookies. Then I spent the rest of the day focused on two finals.


On Thursday, I met up with Natalie to get ready for the Koinonia Christmas Party.


When she found out I had never had a Cadbury chocolate orange, she made me get one and open it right away. This video is of me struggling to understand how to correctly open one of these:


Soon, the rest of the gang showed up and we rushed to decorate the room for Christmas:


We played a swap game with the presents in which we could swap gifts throughout the entire evening. Some of the Koinonia boys found out I really wanted a mug with the map of London on it, and kept swapping to keep the mug in my hands. It was really sweet. I realized in that moment how much I had enjoyed being able to be with them every week.

(Left: Me and Amy, Right: Christmas Crackers: this game (with a similar concept as the Thanksgiving wish bone) is a holiday tradition in the UK. My friends were surprised I had never played before!) 

After the Christmas party, the gang headed to The Jack Horner pub, and it was there I said my goodbyes. As I was leaving the pub, Joe, the director of Koinonia, offered to walk me the station, so we walked together as I held back tears. 
Boy, do I miss this... I'm there in the front row, leaning over from laughing so hard. Good times. 

Friday consisted of packing, writing my last final, and scrap-booking.  


(Left: Claire, the ultimate packer; Me bidding goodbye to my worn out clothes and boots, My suitcase with several "Evening Standard" issues about America on Election Day for safekeeping.) 

I went to bed in classic Leah fashion: unpacked and with a detailed "To-Do" list for the morning. In less than 10 hours I would begin the journey home!


No comments:

Post a Comment