Monday, November 7, 2016

Best Day Back


Yesterday, I finally got to open my packages waiting for me at Arcadia!!


I knew they were coming, and kept checking with the front desk at the Arcadia Centre to see if any had arrived. On Thursday, two weeks ago, I checked one last time. Nothing. 

Me, My Box, and The Underground

Minutes later, as I was standing in the lobby on the phone, the delivery guy walked in the front door with a package. I recognized it immediately....Mom used one of my Josten's Yearbook Boxes!! :):) 
Sadly, I had to leave the package at the Centre because I was leaving for the airport right from class. But yesterday, I took a trip to go get it...and there were four others waiting! 
I waited all the way until I got home to open them....ahhhhh!
It was worth waiting for. I got my fill of peanut butter: two jars, Peanut Butter M&Ms and Reese's peanut butter cups. You can't find that in London! But the best part was having real letters to read :)

Cheers to Christmas socks :)

And my mom sent along some Thanksgiving decor, so Abriel and I decorated the kitchen:


I didn't really realize how much I missed holidays at home until we started putting up decorations!  



It's gonna be a little weird to be in a nation that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving. School on Thanksgiving day?? Bleh. 


Abriel is the best person to share excitement with. She was jumping up and down as we decorated. Thank you Mommy!


And then we dragged everyone into the kitchen to see our masterpiece:


I have a Paris trip planned for Thanksgiving weekend, but I am thinking about staying home instead, and soaking up London with friends here instead. (I might just be a little tired of travelling!) We shall see! 

My scrapbook of Scandinavia resting on top of my school planner...does this reflect my priorities much??

Anyway, it's been a refreshing first-day-back-after-reading-week. I'm excited for classes to resume!


 Countdown to Ellington: 40 days :)





No comments:

Post a Comment