Saturday, November 19, 2016

Sherlockian Winterland

This weekend was one of the first weekends I've had at home in a long time. It was definitely refreshing to be in a city I knew!


 Friday morning I decided to check out a charity shop (consignment store) near me. As I was walking through Highgate, I realized I had barely explored the area...and I live a walk away! I had been counting the days to December 17th, but suddenly I realized just how little time I had left! I decided to take full advantage of the weekend to explore other areas of London:

This church kinda reminded me of Rockville :)

And so Zoe and I did just that:

I've had "Visit 221b Baker Street" on my bucket list for weeks: finally went!
Sherlock's desk and Watson's room:


Zoe posing with an Irene Adler wax figure...we were a little creeped out by the amount of wax figures hiding in the house!


The house itself was really neat, but I think I had more fun in the gift shop next door :)


Holmes hats and key-shaped chocolate: 


Zoe: "I'm here to solve the puzzling fact that I'm leaving in 28 days."


We then solved the mystery of how to get to Hyde Park. The place was full of tourists for Winter Wonderland...you know you are a true Londoner when you get annoyed with slow-walking tourists!


I had no idea the park was this big. It was a full-on amusement park with rides, a circus, games, and junk food:


As we stood in line for the swings, we both said at the same time, "This is so weird." I've never been to an amusement park in winter! New England would never be able to handle that. But Christmas music was the only playlist, and "snow" was everywhere. [The only chill I felt, however, was the cold wind in my face on the swings.]

Nothing like an overpriced hot chocolate to feel nostalgic about commercialized Christmas in America!


Yes, I made Zoe take my picture several times. But here's one of her:

Zoe and her cotton candy  candy floss
Too bad I didn't pack skates:


Some vendors that had me felling nostalgic for the Yankee Candle Factory:



It was the best night!







No comments:

Post a Comment