Saturday, October 29, 2016

Weekend Outing (Part Three: Sunday)

Some signs along the way back to the car-rental place that made me think of home :)

Melrose "Rosie"

                YMCA                                     Lloyd's. Miss you Kenz and Aubs!

After dropping off the car, we headed to the ritzy hotel next door to see if we could find a taxi. 


This really friendly man welcomed us in, carried our bags into the lobby, and told us we "must check out the grand staircase" while we waited for a taxi to come (he sent someone to book one). So we did:




It was a breathtaking hotel...and it was right on the water!


Back at Brighton train station:


Once we made it back to Victoria Tube Station, I instantly felt at ease...I know my way around London! 

I <3 my grandpa

It took us awhile to find the hotel...we went retraced our steps twice (I guess I should take my above statement back...I know my way around some parts of London...haha). After we dropped our bags off, I showed them around Camden Town/ Market and then we went to Wagamama for dinner. Our waitress, Erika, was so sweet. She is a student living in Archway! We exchanged emails and are planning to hang out next week :) I love meeting new people so spontaneously :)
 The view from their room. Can't get enough of this city!
Camden Lock. Grandpa explained how they work. I've been here several times and I've never noticed it!


Grandma at Wagamama's (left) and them on the escalator at Archway station...almost home!

After showing them around my place, I headed back to the hotel with them, the three of us Skyped with Mom, and then it was time to say goodbye. Mom told me to text her to make sure I got back okay by myself; I tried to explain that I travel by myself to my house from Holborn every day at night and she never knows or worries....but I guess that's what moms do. 

[put apartment pic here]

I had the best weekend. I didn't realize just how much I was looking forward to seeing them until I no longer had it to look forward to! But I'm enjoying it so much here too...I wish I could live in two places at once ;) Sigh. 






No comments:

Post a Comment