Monday, September 19, 2016

A Very American Day


Yesterday was the first day I didn't fully embrace myself in British culture, mainly because I had a lot of things on the To-Do List: Laundry. Schoolwork. Cleaning. Organizing. Reading.

I figured I'd better take a picture of my nicely organized room because it won't stay like this for long ;)
Marisa and I both stayed in our room until around 7 o'clock, when I announced that I absolutely needed to get out of the house. We decided to get dressed and go out. The plan was to have dinner somewhere, but we realized quickly that every restaurant was closed. The only open restaurant nearby was one we had already been to (I really wanted to try somewhere new). After retracing our steps twice, we reluctantly went inside, only to hear the bartender announce, "the kitchen is closed. the kitchen is closed." When they say pubs are the only thing to do at night, I guess they mean it.

We ended up eating at the one place I promised myself I would never go to:

My I-cant-believe-I'm-eating-here face. 
I ordered a large vanilla milkshake on the self-order screens. The first thing that came to mind when I got it was, "This is a large?" Marisa laughed. "That's the most American thing you could've said."

Oh well. I have 89 days left to practice being a true Londoner. 

My face before I realized they gave me banana instead of vanilla...


And while I wait, I have these wonderful faces to look at!






Thanks for all the emails, fb messages, calls and prayers. I appreciate them so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment