Sunday, September 25, 2016

They Call It #Adulting.

Five lessons about life I've learned this past week. 

1.) Some meals are successful. 

On Monday 19 September, I made spinach and cheese stuffed chicken with our group groceries (for Marisa and Melanie and me). It was nearly 9 o'clock before it was done, and we scarfed it down in no time. 

About 10 of us pitched in to make fajitas on 11 September. Dee-lish-ous. 

2.) Some are not. 

 I ordered this for dessert, as an attempt to be adventurous. Why, I don't know; the ingredients were far from appealing: plain greek yogurt with chia seeds, pistachios, and fermented bananas. There's not much I don't like, but this makes the list for sure! I tried to eat it, but after three bites, I physically gagged and threw it out.  

3.) Sometimes you need a little bit of order.

Later that evening (Tuesday 20 September), we threw a group meeting to discuss how we are going to survive three months of communal living :) Not all of us are pictured here, but here's the majority of us:


We've got a good system down; chore chart, rules, etc. Not because we are little kids who need to learn good behavior, but because living with this many people is difficult! Imagine sharing a sink and two stoves with fourteen other females. The little trash can in the kitchen needs to be emptied several times a day! 


4.) It's okay to accept help.

Ally folding a scarf and telling me I need to organize. 

Kat made me a 'cake in a mug' because I was stressed out (not that I condone stress eating!) :)
Emalie taming my messy hair in a braid.

5.) Things don't always go as planned.

Me, Amanda and Zoe at Canary Wharf.
Arcadia pre-booked a boat tour of the city for us, but conflicting emails and Facebook messages had some of us thinking we were meeting at 9:30 and others believing it started at 8:30. Add in confusing texts about directions and no wifi to text, the three of us ended up at Canary Wharf...about an hour away from the rest of the group. Disappointed but not deterred, we decided to do some exploring on our own.

Zoe posing somewhere random along the way: 


It ended up being really fun. We took the tube to London Bridge (below, middle). And on the way there we passed a random church and went inside to check it out. We kind of forgot that it was a Sunday...a bunch of people were dressed up and about to have mass. Half of the church was open to the public for museum-like purposes (it's so old!) and the other half was occupied. I wonder if the people who go there regularly think about the centuries of people who sat there before them! I don't have pictures of the inside of the church because I didn't want to disrupt anything, but it was beautiful.  




I'm a little bummed we missed the boat tour (especially because I probably won't spend the money to go myself), but it was a nice touristy day nonetheless!

And that is it, friends! I'm somewhat caught up (next post: Dad comes!!)






No comments:

Post a Comment