Saturday, September 3, 2016

And the wait continues...

Three hours until I board the plane!

And while I wait here at the airport, I have only thirty minutes of complimentary Wifi. So here's a quick post before I leave.

This morning all the FYSAE students had brunch in the castle (my second favorite place on campus). Some of us are heading for London and the rest are headed for Scotland, so this was a good excuse as any to take pictures. Besides, who doesn't want to pose in front of this kind of backdrop?? I'm pretty sure I love Arcadia's campus more than Anne loves Green Gables, and it's only been a week. To think I'm leaving it already for an entire semester!


The castle truly is beautiful. This is Kirsten. She's awesome. And she's going to Scotland.  


Even being in the bathroom feels like being a princess!


Me posing being way too excited.

Some fellow London friends, Ally and Anna!


 I honestly don't know what we're doing, but if you cannot tell, we are a little giddy :) This is my kindred spirit Olivia. She is heading to Scotland, but we are planning to meet up in Wales at some point in the coming weeks. 


And now for some pre-departure pictures:



My small group after making it through security (quite briskly actually!)
Anna, Me, Tricia, Riley, Marisa, Ally


And one last moment that makes me laugh. Olivia and Ally helped me repack my suitcase because it was seventy-five pounds. The limit is fifty. Whoops. I may or may not be decked out in attire suited for mid-December. Even with the extra layers for the plane ride, I still had to give Olivia's parents my hiking boots, my winter coat, and a sweater. (A Christmas present to myself from myself when we get back? I guess so.) This is us on our third try with the luggage scale: 


Actually I guess I'll post one more. (Disclaimer: My posts are going to be picture-overload). 

Here are my Oak Summit roommates. Off our separate ways after this week, but friends nonetheless:



(Me, Ashley, Leslie, Ally, Kate)


And that's it for now. I made it with minutes to spare :) 

Next stop: London (!) 



No comments:

Post a Comment