Thursday, September 8, 2016

Afternoon Tea

I'll be honest, I was pretty ready to go home for a nap by the time yesterday afternoon crept up. Orientation was long and we had spent the day scattered around in the city in little groups for a sociology assignment about different areas of London (more about this later). And after waiting at the station for an hour, I didn't know if I was up for another long bus ride. 

But then I saw the cutesy graphics on the bus and immediately fell in love. 


Pastries, pals and pretty plates? Yes please!

(Melanie and Marisa, Claire and Me)

Some pictures through the tour bus window:


Our tour guide/waiter was an Italian boy maybe five years older than us. He had a little bit of difficulty speaking English, and when he told us to look out the window at "Ferry wheel", he laughed shyly and apologized for his accent. I don't think any of us girls minded in the least! ;)

Fun fact about that, though: It is no longer the London Eye. It is now the Coca-Cola London Eye. Our waiter shared this with much dismay...he's not aloud to refer to it without mentioning its sponsor. 

And because I can't narrow them down, here are a couple several pictures of my dee-lish-us treats. The pictures speak for themselves:









And as if we weren't full enough, they served us biscuits after the first 'course'.


And that's a wrap, folks. All in all, the ride was a success. Definitely a bit of a do!




No comments:

Post a Comment