Wednesday, September 28, 2016

"Home is not a place, it is a feeling." (Part 1)

My daddy came to visit last weekend. 

And after he left, I was way more homesick than I was before. 

Here's some pictures of the very special weekend:


It took awhile for me to find the hotel, mainly because I only had this screenshot 
(left) to go by...I have no cellular data so I couldn't sync Google Maps! I came up behind the hotel and only realized I was in the right place when I saw a very familiar green "Hockanum Valley" shirt through the window. He just happened to walk out of the elevator on the main floor in front of the window! I made my way to the front entrance and there he was :) Unfortunately, he had a phone meeting several minutes later, so I relaxed outside the hotel room and enjoyed the view (middle). Then he took my to the sky garden cafe on the top floor of the hotel. It was by far the best view I've had of the city so far! (left). Here's my fancy-dancy still water (why it has to be in this type of bottle I have no idea). 


After eating appetizers at the sky garden and catching up about E-Town and my classes, we went downstairs to the executive lounge for some free food :) [the appetizers, as delicious as they were, did not cut it!] Once it got pretty late, I headed back home (only turning the wrong way once). 
On Friday, I arrived at his office in a more timely manner. I met two Cunningham Lindsey employees who are very excited to show me around and take me out to dinner...something I will gladly take them up on! This is the ridiculous view from his desk (he won't brag about it so I will!):


He finished up a few things there and then I took him all the way to my house to see my neighborhood and meet my friends (who were quite excited to meet him because he was taking us out for dinner!). We settled on this Italian place and it was dee-lish-ous:

Everything in Europe is under construction. 



Dad, Me, Marisa, Anna, Melanie, Nick

We stayed for several hours and it was really really nice. My friends were all trying to be polite and not order dessert and stuff, but once we got stuff to share we all devoured it :) Melanie got this picture of us walking home. [I may or may not have asked her to....one of us thrives on taking photos and one of us does not - as you can tell by the above photo :)] But anyway, she took these photos and I was being silly but I decided I like them quite a lot:



And that was my wonderful Friday! Part Two: Saturday and Sunday










2 comments: