Monday, September 26, 2016

Olympicalicious Day


Today a few of us visited Olympic Park...from when London hosted in 2012. A few photos and fun facts before I forget:

Claire and Abriel cheesing it up. We were the only three from Arcadia.  

Waiting to get into the Olympic pool.

The 9-billion-pound budget to build the Olympic Park was justified by the mayor because it was used regenerate and build-up the entire area for after the Olympics. For example, the Olympic pool shown above has been converted into a community pool. The blue windows that are there today were added after...(there used to be two extra wings of stands). Some serious planning was involved to create an Olympic park that could be converted into a functioning area afterwards...one thing I learned about London today that I admire. 


After leaving the pool stadium, we walked through an overgrown area to a 9/11 monument. The sculpture used a piece of the framework from one of the towers. It was a really impressive piece, but seemed a little out of place hidden in some bushes and shoved to the side of the stadium. Then again, the monument is in London, not New York. 



The structure on the right was renovated to become the world's longest tunnel slide. More on how this came to be later...because Claire and I plan to come back soon and buy tickets!

And speaking of Claire, here's some pictures of her attempting to climb onto the rings (we were told that even though it's technically not allowed, we can pull the "tourist card" and do it anyway).

           
              

And here's a group picture:


After the tour ended, Claire and I hung around the mall area and stopped for an early dinner. I know I'm weird, but the bathroom was so uniquely beautiful I couldn't not take a picture ;)



And then we went window-shopping...yes, this is a bridal store:


These dresses cost more than me. 


And that was my day... I am procrastinating on posting about this weekend with Dad because that involves too many emotions and excitement and entertainment. So until then, adios. 

Oh wait, speaking of my IronMan, this was pretty neat:



Imagine 112 miles of cycling on this track, Dad? ;)


And now I'm off for reals. Forty minute presentation tomorrow, yippee!












1 comment:

  1. Every post makes me laugh out loud. The happiness in your "voice" makes my day! Love you.

    ReplyDelete